Software Development Engineer (Level 5)
- Seattle, WA
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things.
AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
We're looking for passionate software development engineers to join our AWS Incident Management software teams. Our team develops innovative services and applications used across Amazon to rapidly track incidents and support development processes through issue tracking platforms.
AWS Incident Management needs a technically deep, experienced Software Development Engineer to join a team that owns Ticketing & Issue Management for all of Amazon/AWS. The team delivers highly scalable and available software platforms, web services and web apps that are used by more than 150,000 unique users every day. These are the core software applications and services that Amazon and AWS use to collaborate on, monitor, engage and manage all of software events, agile deliveries, projects, programs, and business processes across the entire company.
In this role you will deliver new web applications and distributed back-end services that must tackle a wide range of complex critical business workflows at scale. These services will be used by Amazon employees from fulfillment workers on up to senior leadership, plus an ecosystem of other automated clients through our web services supporting our processes during high severity events and mission critical software deliveries.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Design, build and optimize software to run a highly scalable communication platforms and front-end web applications connecting hundreds' of thousands Amazon employees.
• Define intuitive web-service APIs and use AWS's cutting edge technologies to develop and deploy new features
• Empower developers across Amazon to use our services to collaborate during high scale incidents and provide project efficiency through intuitive and highly performant issue management services.
• Automate deployment and monitoring of our services to track down performance issues before our customers get affected.
• Drive development process improvements and establish best practices to ensure highest quality software
• Mentor junior software developers and grow their skills
• Experience building large-scale web services backed by cloud services, such as AWS
• Strong CS fundamentals in software design, algorithms, data structures, databases
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Demonstrated ability to learn fast and to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment
• Knowledge of system performance and operational readiness monitoring
• Strong desire to build, deliver results for customers, and drive projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top