Software Development Engineer, Last Mile Technology, Special Programs AMXL
- Bellevue, WA
Amazon Last Mile Technology is the team that enables super-fast delivery for Amazon. We build products and technology that enables the stations and drivers to deliver your packages, food, and restaurant deliveries from their last stop to your home. We need rockstar software development engineers to join several new initiatives.
Job responsibilities include:
• Design, develop, implement, test, and document embedded or distributed software applications, tools, systems and services.
• Translate functional requirements into robust, efficient, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture.
• Participate in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design,implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
• Produce comprehensive, usable software documentation.
• Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools.
• Mentor junior development engineers.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• 5+ years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation as equivalent to the Master's degree and one year of experience.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• Experience developing iOS and Android application
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software features, technical designs, and strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Experience with databases
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top