Software Development Engineer, Last Mile Technology, Special Programs AMXL
- Orangeburg, NY
Amazon Last Mile Technology is the team that enables super-fast delivery for Amazon. We build products and technology that enables the stations and drivers to deliver your packages, food, and restaurant deliveries from their last stop to your home. We need rock start software development engineers to join several new initiatives.
Job responsibilities include:
Design, develop, implement, test, and document embedded or distributed software applications, tools, systems
and services. Translate functional requirements into robust, efficient, supportable solutions that work well within
the overall system architecture. Participate in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design,
implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance. Produce comprehensive, usable
software documentation. Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products and
tools. Mentor junior development engineers.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• 5+ years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation as equivalent to the Master's degree and one year of experience.
• 1+ years experience in designing and developing large-scale, multi-tiered, multi-threaded, embedded or distributed software applications, tools, systems, and services using Object Oriented Design; and C++, C#, Java, or a related programming language.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• Experience developing iOS and Android application
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software features, technical designs, and strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Experience with databases
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top