Would you like to redefine the speed at which Amazon delivers packages and delight our end customers as well as our Delivery Associates? Did you ever wonder about technologies that are in place that help us deliver packages at this scale to our customers? Come and join the Amazon Last Mile technology (LMT) team to work hard, have fun, and make history by ensuring the right technologies are being leveraged to efficiently meet our customer delivery commitments within our growing logistics network at Amazon. The team will be focused on designing and implementing solutions to help Last Mile delivery associates and the Amazon Logistics (AMZL) central operations team to scale and operate efficiently in the increasingly complex delivery network.
We are looking for a Front End Engineer with exceptional technical skills and a passion for delivering great software to join our team. We have among the most complex vehicle routing problems in the industry, including large, capacitive, commingled, and time windowed routing problems. We dispatch thousands of drivers a day to carry millions of packages to our customers. If you are a creative software engineer who thrives on complex problems, have a knack for problem solving and relish the challenge of operating complex mission critical this is the job for you.
You will be involved in the deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You will learn about Amazon's logistics network, interact with AMZL central operations and peer engineering teams to build optimized systems, and have the autonomy to deliver software that has a broad impact. You must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven, and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. Will should thrive by working closely with their peers in a group of smart and talented engineers. It is still Day 1 in the Last Mile Technology space!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience with building services with frameworks using AWS infrastructure
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Graduate degree (MS/PhD) a plus
- Ability to mentor team members as well as build relationships with business and technical leadership
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .