Software Development Engineer, Last Mile Routing
The Last Mile Route Planning team in Operations Technology is re-inventing the way we deliver packages to our customers, using new technologies and methods to solve complex operational challenges. To achieve that vision, we are looking for a Software Development Engineer with a strong technical ability, great communication, a passion for solving hard problems and developing large, scalable solutions.
In this role, you will work at the intersection of operational processes and technology. You will learn about real-time adaptive transportation solutions, routing algorithms and optimizations, and how to operate on large-scale datasets, and more. You will work with research scientists, senior engineers and product managers to implement customer-facing solutions that impact drivers, operators, and end customers in the course of building software that plans the time required and path taken for every package we deliver. You will work in a fast paced and growing environment, where ideas are prototyped, tested, and implemented in short cycles, so you will see your inventions come to life!
If you are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
- Academic or professional experience in shortest path problems, machine learning methods for prediction and classification, and/or data analysis
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer - F/M/V/D
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top