Software Development Engineer - Lambda
- Austin, TX
AWS Lambda's goal is nothing less than to simplify and improve the experience of computing in the cloud for every developer on the planet, from startups to the largest Fortune 100 companies. Serverless computing is rapidly changing how every company thinks about building and delivering software solutions, and Lambda is leading this industry wide effort.
AWS Lambda is growing its initiatives in Dublin, Ireland, with goals of continuing to define the Serverless revolution. If you're excited by Serverless computing, programming languages and container / function interaction models, this role is for you. Join us and change how the world computes by enabling new frameworks that enable customers to build better software on top of AWS.
An ideal candidate has experience delivering new initiatives and be comfortable working in a green field environment. You should be aware of industry best practices & patterns in all aspects of building, releasing & verifying software. You should also be familiar with industry trends in programming languages, build tooling, and deployment spaces. You will own and help driving exciting new and existing initiatives in Lambda, while being capable of working on massive scale, high availability, and ambiguous UX problems. This role will involve identifying and solving problems in different programming language ecosystems, enabling new customer facing functionality, and new programming paradigms in the Serverless ecosystem.
What does it take to succeed in this role? A roll-up-your-sleeves type. Able to think about business opportunities, operational issues, and architectural diagrams in the course of a single conversation. Intellectually curious, always looking to learn, and a dedication to turning developers into fans. Someone who makes the team both productive and a fun place to work. Being excited to learn from others while bringing your own novel capabilities and perspectives.
If you're excited by defining the future of cloud computing and want to help lead from the innovative edge, we guarantee that your work in our team will be ground-breaking and challenging. Together, we'll deliver the next generation of industry-leading compute features and help every business from the smallest startups to the largest enterprises run their code in the cloud without the burden of infrastructure or scale (that's our job). We'll shape not just our own products, but contribute to the direction of AWS and the serverless industry. Come help us change the world!
Job location is Dublin, Ireland. Relocation assistance available. For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
• 5+ years relevant work experience (or more for Senior level developers)
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and problem solving
• Knowledge of one or more modern statically typed programming languages, such as Java, Rust, Scala, Go, C++ or C#
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
• Track record in solving complex low-level performance problems.
• Experience in multiple programming languages, including Rust, C/C++, Java, or Go.
• Expert-level knowledge and experience with Linux (kernel user-space) with a deep understanding of the kernel space.
• Experience with telemetry agents.
• Graduate degree (MS/PhD) a plus.
• Demonstrated capability to provide depth and breadth technical leadership to agile teams.
• Bonus points for Open Source contributions.
Back to top