Software Development Engineer (L5)
- Seattle, WA
WW Ops People Product and Tech (OPPT) is a global organization that builds and delivers world-class products and services for Amazon's hourly associates and contractors. OPPT is looking for a software engineer who excels in turning big ideas into practical solutions. In OPPT, we use modern technologies to solve complex problems at scale. We are building job growth solutions for our associates that helps Amazon stay customer obsessed. We deliver solutions that scale in volume, and handle the complexity of diverse workflows and country specific rules/regulations. Our end-to-end job growth solution gives Amazon associates around the globe the flexibility to grow their skills across multiple job roles, and the mobility to go work in different job roles. We make it simple for associates worldwide to explore job options, train, choose, and progress their career at Amazon.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be a key team member to drive the development of the end-to-end services and processes to give Amazon hourly associates across the globe the flexibility to train for new skills and to easily apply their new skills anywhere in our network. You will help build the most extensive employment training options and career mobility options on earth. You will own automation of business processes in a full stack, mostly serverless environment. using proven, as well as evolving native AWS services and other technologies to create a friction free user experience. You will solve the challenging problem of scaling these services to serve hundreds of thousands of Amazonians across the globe in real-time.
In this role you will:
• Be a technical leader that is not afraid to challenge the norms and innovate.
• Execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Help establish the long-term success strategy for your systems, development of best practices, and operational excellence processes.
• Develop relationships with internal and external partner teams to move fast.
• Collaborate with peers, ensuring your strategies align with the rest of the development teams.
• Develop and mentor junior and new team members.
Come join us if you want to:
• Build highly available, scalable, and performant tier-one services to power responsive, intuitive, and sleek experiences for customers.
• Drive a culture of excellence, and help mature a growing team to take them to the next level.
• Solve complex problems by diving deep, collecting data to make well informed decisions, and using sound judgement in the face of insufficient data.
• Work with the latest technologies and motivate your teams to innovate.
The WW Ops People Product and Tech team is creating rewarding job growth options for our hourly workforce. Our hourly workforce is Amazon's foundation we can't deliver for customers without them. Come help us build the workforce of the future.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• 4+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer
• Experience in framework design and development
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
• Deep knowledge of object-oriented design, distributed system architecture, and various AWS technologies.
• Experience of successfully mentoring junior SDEs.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
• Experience architecting large-scale multi-tier web applications.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top