Software Development Engineer - KUMO
- Santa Ana, Costa Rica
Are you a passionate software developer engineer looking for the next opportunity in your career? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced, ever changing environment and want to impact the lives of people around the world?
The AWS Kumo team is looking for software developers that will like to join our team in Costa Rica. In Kumo we leverage AWS technologies to operate on a global scale and deliver low-latency, highly-available services to customers and systems across Amazon. In pursuit of that mission, we are looking for software developers to help build and launch software that shapes the way all Amazonians interact with IT Services.
• Obsess over software performance and challenge yourself to deliver highly scalable, low latency, reliable and fast services to a variety of platforms?
• Possess ideas and know how to solve problems, but also follow through with a clean and maintainable implementation?
• Have a high bar for coding excellence and passion for solving problems?
• Want to work with the latest AWS technologies to achieve rapid scale?
• Want to pioneer before the industry catches up?
If yes, then we have a role for you. We are small, customer-focused teams of passionate software engineers that are looking to delight our customers by building amazing software.
Key responsibilities and not limited to:
• Development in multiple layers of the stack including distributed workflows hosted in native AWS architecture.
• Operational rigor for a rapidly growing tech stack.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline.
• 1 + year's full-time experience in software design and development.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, Ruby, C++, or C#, including object-oriented design.
• Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
• Software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
• Experience with relational or NoSQL databases
• Experience with Agile, Test-Driven Development and Continuous Deployment for Web technologies
• Experience developing endpoint client software and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Understanding of performance tradeoffs and operational issues
• Ability to communicate with various stakeholders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top