Software Development Engineer - Kindle Education
Are you interested in developing cutting-edge technology that will help students and learners study more effectively?
Kindle Education is improving the education of students with services for teachers, students and parents.
You will play an important role in the ideation of novel user experiences and new learning methods which expand beyond traditional paper class material within classroom settings. If a possibility to make a positive difference in the lives of many teachers, students, and parents sounds energizing to you, then we want you on our team!
The ideal candidate:
- Must be technically capable to architect, design and code front end and back end systems.
- Knows how to specify and design systems that are secure and scalable.
- Experience with open source technologies, object-oriented design, and agile development methodologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java or C++
- Proficiency in English at a business level
- Strong technical skills in Java, C++ or Objective C
- Software Development best practice advocate: familiar with and willing to influence the team to follow the best professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, continuous deployment, testing, and operations
- Experience in Agile development: working closely with designers and product managers
- Results Driven: A track record of rapid and iterative product development for large-scale distributed system
- Genuine passion for the team's mission and purpose
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top