Software Development Engineer - Kindle B2B Platform
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
We are a responsible for building a platform to enable Amazon to offer Amazon Devices to customers in new and innovative ways. We are building a customer-facing system for delivery of Amazon Devices. This system will be highly-available and highly-scalable to deliver an amazing experience to our customers worldwide!
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, startup-minded Software Development Engineer who has experience building innovative, mission critical, high-volume applications. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used by people every day.
In this role, you will:
- Lay the foundation of this platform and make a big difference for customers and the business.
- Own system architecture and development for product initiatives and feature development.
- Learn to develop globalized web services, at scale.
- Investigate, prototype and deliver innovative system solutions.
- Work with diverse teams throughout Amazon to deliver mission-critical systems.
- Improve the after-sales customer experience for Kindle device customers.
- Work hard, have fun, make history!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of experience in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C#
- 2+ years of experience building large scale, high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment
- 2+ years of design and architecture knowledge as well as familiarity with object oriented analysis and design patterns (OOA/OOD)
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Understanding of performance tradeoffs, load balancing and operational issues
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top