Software Development Engineer - Just Walk Out Technology
- Vancouver, Canada
The Team: Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go. Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology. It automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you're done shopping, you just leave the store. Shortly after, we'll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our technology uses computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA. We're looking for people who want to join an ambitious team that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
The role: As a Software Development Engineer in the Physical Stores Tech organization, your work will require you to solve challenging problems at global scale and develop new functionalities across a broad swath of Amazon services and businesses. You'll have the opportunity to dive deep into the technologies powering Amazon's physical store programs and adapt creative solutions to new problems. You should be comfortable building prototypes and challenging assumptions, while also developing for fault tolerance and scale.
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field (In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience).
• Proficient in at least one of: Java, C++, Python
• At least 3 years' experience as a key member of an engineering team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched applications.
• Strong examples demonstrating past work experience, deliverables and/or innovation across a broad range of methods.
• Experience working in start-up mode building products and services from the ground up.
• Experience with AWS cloud services
• Experience in Building Machine learning/Deep learning services/systems
• Evidence of working with existing systems; curious and able to learn new codebases
• Able to deliver results in a cross-functional team, making high-quality contributions to other systems and libraries
• Experience creating extensible, well-abstracted designs and driving consensus with other engineers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
#WBU-PS-SDE3 #WBU-PSF3-SDE3 #PS-SDE3 #PSF3-SDE3
Back to top