Software Development Engineer, iOS
- Palo Alto, CA
Are you ready to drive the next generation of shopping innovations at Amazon? When words just aren't enough to describe what customers are looking for, they often turn to other methods such as camera-based search, or using the picture of a celebrity to find inspiration for their fashion purchases. When images aren't enough to convince customers that a piece of furniture will look good, they want to turn to Augmented Reality to envision how that furniture item would match their living room décor.
Starting in 2009, the Visual Search team has thus far launched many visual search solutions on the Amazon App that use computer vision and machine learning/deep learning to help customers complete their shopping missions more easily; multiple internal teams at Amazon (devices, Kindle, Seller services, etc.) also use our libraries and APIs to deliver solutions to their own customers. We are a full stack shop, and our team capabilities cover the whole solution spectrum, ranging across applied science (Computer Vision and Deep Learning), large scale engineering services, product management, UX design, and mobile app development for iOS and Android. However, it's still Day 1, and this is your chance to make history in the new era of shopping.
We are looking for a passionate, hard working, and talented software engineer with experience building mobile applications, especially those with high computational demands and taking advantage of mobile cameras. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day by millions of people.
As a Senior iOS SDE on the team, you will be responsible for leading the architecture, design, development and launch the core iOS product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 3+ years of iOS software development experience
• Portfolio or examples of products or features that demonstrate experience and a passion for building exceptional UX
• A solid grasp of fundamental algorithms, data structures, multi-threading and mobile applications
• Experience with version control software such as Git
• Experience writing testable code and automating test regressions
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related field or equivalent work experience
• Experience in mobile design patterns (MVVM), building mobile frameworks / SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance (Instruments)
• A thorough understanding of software development agile processes and tools
• Experience with developing AR/VR application
• Experience with ARKit or RealityKit
• Experience with SceneKit, Metal, Unity or OpenGL
Back to top