Come help Amazon create and deploy cutting edge technologies that help us delight our customers by delivering packages faster than ever before. As a Software Development Engineer with Amazon Flex, you will own implementation of software solutions that allows us to scale and support multiple businesses globally such as Prime Now, Amazon Fresh, Lockers and many more new initiatives. Your work will have direct impact not only on Amazon's end customers, but also on large number of delivery partners who deliver packages for us. You can find out more about Amazon Flex, our newest innovation, at flex.amazon.com.
We are looking for an iOS Software Engineer who brings a combination of solid coding background, an aptitude to apply cutting edge technologies at scale, and a willingness to challenge the status quo and raise the bar on every service and feature we build. The ideal candidate will be passionate about building scalable, well-designed software services, and strive to constantly improve our technical foundation and user experience. You will take large projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop technical specifications, and implement major deliverables end-to-end. This position requires collaboration with fellow software engineers, product managers, technical program managers, and partner teams, necessitating a comfort-level with ambiguity and a desire to create, iterate and improve.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• An interest in cross platform development on iOS.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in utilizing mobile design patterns, building mobile frameworks/SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, and test suite development and maintenance.
• Experience with AWS technologies like S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS etc.
• High sense of ownership, self-motivation, and desire to delight customers.
• Ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements, and prioritize tasks.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .