Software Development Engineer - iOS
- Warsaw, Poland
How often have you had the opportunity to be a member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge everyday problem through innovative technology? Would you like to know more about how we are using the internet of things (IoT) to transform and disrupt an entire industry? If this sounds intriguing, then we'd like to talk to you about a role on the Key for Business team tackling a set of problems requiring significant innovation. Key for Business, our patented building access technology, supports Amazon Last Mile in the US, with international expansion plans.
Our team is actively seeking a motivated and multi-talented engineer who is passionate about technological and business innovation. You will be part of an inter-disciplinary team of hardware, firmware, software (mobile, backend and frontend), and system engineers to develop and integrate cutting-edge technologies from IoT, wireless, and cloud computing into pragmatic solutions for package transportation, logistics, and delivery. Your software will guide drivers to deliver packages at the right place, right time, to the right person. Above all, your software will be deployed in scale to help Amazon delivery exceed customer expectation worldwide.
Duties include research, design, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of new and existing systems and the creation of software services and tools to drive the software development process towards higher quality. You will be working on cutting edge technologies in the market today. The development will be from the concept stage to the launch stage and ensuring the highest level of quality for your deliverables.
You will be:
• Responsible for the design of iOS mobile application, development and maintenance of systems that enable innovative package delivery experience
• Working with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
• Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• 4+ years of mobile application development experience with iOS
• Development experience in Swift and Objective C environments
• 3+ years of experience performing Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Android development experience (using Kotlin)
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Server development experience (preferably using Java or C++)
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top