Software Development Engineer - International Expansions team
- Arlington, VA
Our ambition is to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online at the lowest possible prices. How do we get there? What does it take to solve our customers' everyday online shopping problems? Do our customers find what they are looking for? If they find what they are looking for, is it competitively priced? And if they find what they are looking for a competitive price, can it be delivered fast enough? In today's ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, how do we make sure that people across the globe can still get essential goods delivered to their homes as fast as possible? How do we reach people who are not native English speakers when there are over 7000 languages spoken in the world? How do we facilitate a seamless payment experience when there are over 180 currencies used in the world with diverse payment methods? How do we solve problems for people who have different shopping behaviours from our regular amazon.com shoppers?
We're a looking for a Software Development Engineer to lead our After Market Services team. We are introducing new return and re-commerce experiences for our WW and European customers to reduce returns, waste and defects by helping our customers to keep what they buy, recover returned and damaged product value, keep thousands of tons of waste from landfills, and create the best customer returns experience in the world. We are looking for a hands on developer with expertise and passion in solving hard engineering problems.
• You will be in charge of the complete software development life-cycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features
• You will operate with globally distributed servers and customers.
• You will get the opportunity to work closely with a great team of software developers who will help you grow (and also learn things from you).
• You will understand what it takes to grow and operate Amazon business at our scale.
Software Engineer to be based in our European Headquarters in Luxembourg.
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a diverse and multicultural country located in the heart of Europe, bordered by France, Belgium and Germany, with a total population of around half a million. Luxembourg has Luxembourgish, French and German as national languages, with English spoken by the many expatriates and most locals. Luxembourg is known for banking, steel and a number of EU institutions plus an increasing number of technology-centric organizations. Luxembourg boasts a rich cultural scene and a high standard of living.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 6+ years relevant work experience.
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures and algorithms.
• Experience in software programming language.
• An interest and passion for learning.
• Experience in Java/C++
• Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
• An interest in learning about complicated systems and architectures, and the drive to create software solutions within them.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top