AWS Elasticache (https://aws.amazon.com/elasticache/) enables users to deploy, manage and massively scale in-memory data stores such as Memcached & Redis. Customers use the service to build low latency, high throughput data layers that improve application performance. We recently launched another database in our portfolio, MemoryDB (https://aws.amazon.com/memorydb/), that supports durability for Redis datastores.
To support our customers, engineers at ElastiCache build and operate some of the largest distributed systems in the world. Working backwards from customers, engineers are challenged to build scalable solutions that can be reliably deployed across a massive fleet world-wide. Apart from technical abilities, this requires our engineers to innovate, simplify and iterate constantly towards our goals.
We are about to embark on a multi-year journey to enable a serverless provisioning model for our customers. If you like to work with a deeply technical team on ambiguous problems then we would like to have you on this journey.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, and 2+ years relevant work experience
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Ability to reason about system performance and a solid understanding of hardware/software interaction
• Knowledge of one or more modern programming languages such as C++, C#, Java
• Relevant advanced degree
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Knowledge and experience with operating systems internals, database kernels, networking, distributed systems and virtualization are a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities
who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.