Software Development Engineer - Inherent Relationships
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Would you like to join a team that enable retail features experienced by all your friends and family? Making use of state of the art Machine Learning, data pipelines and web applications built on AWS?
Amazon is looking for a Software Development Engineer to join the the Inherent Relationships team in Edinburgh. The Inherent Relationships team is responsible for inferring factual information about products in Amazon's catalog in order to power search and discovery as well as a variety of features across Amazon's customer experience. Our work is characterized by advanced Machine Learning techniques, high scale, complexity and a constant need for innovation.
As an engineer working at Amazon, you will play a key role in building software products and features from the ground up. You will use a wide range of technologies, programming languages and systems and your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development. You will have the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit millions of Amazon.com customers worldwide.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
• Evidence of working with algorithms, data-structures, efficiency, concurrency, performance optimization.
• Evidence of working with object-oriented development and design patterns.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills.
• Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
• Experience of working with machine learning, specifically deep neural networks
• Experience of working with big data, including analysis, visualization, and clustered computing (e.g. Spark)
• Web development skills (e.g. Angular or React)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of colour, race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.
Back to top