Software Development Engineer in Test | Prime & Delivery Experience
Do you thrive on solving complex problems? Do you enjoy diving under the surface to uncover how massively scalable systems with multiple dependencies work? If you are seeking a fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation and apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, this is your opportunity! We are creating a world class QA Organization and we need world class QAEs to deliver on this vision. As a Software Development Engineer In Test you will provide both coding and testing expertise for our team, as well as be a constant advocate for our customers. Our preferred candidate possesses a high level of coding experience, combined with a demonstrated passion for software quality.
Our QAEs are able to understand software internals, debug code, automate repetitive tasks, and implement new tools and frameworks needed to streamline our quality process. Our QA team works directly with both Software Development Engineers and Quality Assurance Engineers to understand project features, review technical designs, and implement automated test tools that help deliver quality features with efficiency. Our SDETs understand customer usage models and are able to develop test plans and test cases that approximate real-world environments and scenarios.
- 5+ years overall QA and/or development experience.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Ability to write quality code in languages like Java, C, C# etc.
- Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test strategy, and test execution.
- Automation architecture development and/or maintenance experience.
- Practical coding experience with automated web testing tools, services, and physical devices.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with Demonstrated QA experience in an SDET or QAE role.
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate impacts and to understand business requirements.
- Strong organizational skills, demonstrated ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize results.
- Creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness for the entire team.
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top