Software Development Engineer in Test II (SDET2)
Consumer Payments is seeking an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test II with coding experience in Java, C# or C++ to develop test frameworks, supporting libraries for automation, design fully automated test suites, triage test results, and maintain existing automation and test plans.
This position requires proven skill in test development and methodologies. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of testing within a distributed software system as well as an end-to-end understanding of common QA tools and practices. We expect the ideal candidate to scope, design, implement, and maintain tests for new projects, and to work both independently as well as in collaboration with the development staff in an agile environment.
- You have industry-leading technical abilities. You demonstrate a breadth of knowledge in the following disciplines:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience developing code for automated tests using Java, C#, and/or C++
- Proven track record for troubleshooting and problem solving common software and service-related problems
- A basic understanding of operating system administration
- Proven ability to write and review accurate, complete support procedures; system documentation; and issue tracking entries
- Proven ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work autonomously or with little guidance
- Master's degree with 3+ years of experience in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Software, Technology, Operations, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupation—must involve supporting distributed software systems
- Strong development (SDE or SDE/T) background on large projects on collaborative teams in an OO language
- You show good judgment and instincts in decision-making opportunities
- Strong written and verbal communication (can I move this to basic qualifications?)
- You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context and how it may apply to external teams or organizations
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top