Software Development Engineer in Test I - RING
- Bangalore, India
Amazon's Ring is looking for a high-energy, detail-oriented, and technically-savvy Software Development Engineer in Test - I to focus on building automation frameworks and increasing automation coverage. SDETs at Amazon are excellent individual contributors capable of understanding business requirements, QA derived test cases and building a framework to automate those test cases. We would be leveraging a common automation infrastructure and implementing the correct integration hooks and test cases to ensure we're raising the bar on quality across our products. We need to adhere to strict guidelines for quality, customer experience, performance, and latency. All of these constraints provide unique challenges to the team. As a SDET in the team you would have opportunity to build upon a new framework and help QA build consistent and reliable automation suite for Ring projects. We are looking for a self-motivated and highly technical SDET to join our team to help us achieve the mission of consistent and reliable automation coverage across multiple products and ship high quality feature simultaneously across first party and third party platforms.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test I on this team, you will be working in the test automation and infrastructure development, test new design and architectural choices which have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers. You will be working directly with Developers, QA Engineers and Product Managers to ensure quality development and quality of our applications and platforms. We are working with exciting new technologies and solving complex automation problems across different operating systems. If you are creative, customer focused, have a passion for QA and test automation and enjoy working in a fast paced environment, this team is right for you.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us// .
• Good experience in Frontend, API and Mobile(iOS and Android) automation framework developments
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test(SDET) with strong object-oriented design and coding skills.
• Demonstrated experience in Test framework design and development.
• Demonstrated knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance.
• Experience with Agile testing methodologies and best practices.
• Hands-on experience with automated testing tools like Selenium, Appium for Android and iOS.
• Experience working with AWS services (EC2, S3, CodeBuild etc.) CI/CD pipelines and Docker
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially excellence in technical communications with peers who may be remote.
• Good knowledge of software QA methodologies, automation tools and processes with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
• Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
• Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
• Understand software internals, debug code, automate repetitive tasks, and implement new tools and frameworks
• Drive test automation to both ensure product quality and to contribute to Continuous Integration and Delivery efforts
• Participate in design reviews, define Quality Metrics and implement measurements to determine test effectiveness, testing efficiency, and measure the overall quality of the deliverables.
Back to top