Software Development Engineer in Test - Design Tech
- Sunnyvale, CA
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, e-Readers, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Interested in helping us build tools to help localize and test software applications to help engineering team innovate and build products such as Echo, Kindle, Fire Tablets, FireTV and others? The Devices Design Technologies team is seeking a talented Software Development Engineer-Test to deliver innovative, consumer-centric product solutions to Amazon engineers worldwide.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will be designing and developing automated solutions that help guarantee the software quality across a wide range of applications that the Design technologies team manages. You will be working on tools and infrastructure challenges involving data, server side and backend web services, all with the goal of delivering a seamless experience to our customers.
The successful candidate will have an interest in developing automated test frameworks/solutions for enterprise applications, a strong technical ability, excellent organizational skills, great communication skills, motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
SDET responsibilities include:
• Defining automation plan to support enterprise software launches.
• Design and implement automation framework that work across multiple applications and platforms.
• Lead automation efforts, and explore new test automation tools and methods.
• Establish processes and tool set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports.
• Analyze product and technical user stories and create Test plan and relevant testable scenarios
• Working directly with Developers, Product Managers, and Technical Program Managers to ensure quality of our enterprise solutions and platforms.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline
• 3+ years of experience as a developer or SDET
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Python
• Experience in building test automation frameworks (unit and integration) and tools for serving scalable components
• Experience in design and development of the tools, testing infrastructure, distributed systems and architecture. Create the next generation developer infrastructure, focusing on integration and scalability.
• Experience working in a test-driven development environment, and dealing with code refactoring and code bottleneck issues
• Experience in Bash/Shell scripting, C/C++
• Experience with AWS Technology stack and open source tools
• Experience building test automations on or working with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) applications like Windchill, Teamcenter, Agile etc
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical, and problem solving skill
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top