Software Development Engineer in Test
- Irvine, CA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Show. The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
We are a Device OS team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. As a Software Development Engineer in Test in this team, you will be working with a unique and gifted team building exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics.
• Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation.
• Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and automated test cases to assess product health.
• Integrate with SCM infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
• Establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• 3+ years of experience developing automation in at least one of OO languages - Java, C/C++, Python
• 3+ years of experience to programmatically test the product, measure test coverage, develop the best automation, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
• A proven track record of seeking out and resolving system performance issues involving memory, disk, and CPU
• Experience writing test code for Linux operating system, specifically an in-depth understanding of the real-time kernel, graphics pipeline, memory management, inter-process
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Experience with API automation testing including unit test automation frameworks
• Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top