Software Development Engineer in Test
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services has led the cloud computing revolution. Now we're going to change the nature of work. We are building a new product to help people and businesses focus on what matters most to them.
As a high-performing member of our engineering team, you will ensure the quality of code and final product that we deliver to our customers. You will be surrounded by world-class technical talent. Every day will bring new opportunities to be challenged, learn, and gain top-notch experience in cloud computing, and client-side development, and enterprise software.
As an experienced software dev engineer in test, you will blaze a trail while having fun and creating tons of customer value. This role requires ownership, autonomy, and an ability to deliver results. You enjoy working efficiently to build the right things with limited guidance, and find opportunities to automate our improved efficiency and drive for quality. The team is stronger due to your presence, and you regularly contribute to the professional development of colleagues. You understand the business impacts of technical decisions and guide technology choices to create amazing experiences for customers.
If you say yes to any of these then please reach out immediately to learn more
• get excited about solving unique challenges
• passionate about innovating and coming up with a vision to improve dev/qa experience when it comes to running large and complex test workloads
• improve the CI/CD process across multiple services/pipelines across a complex enterprise product
• improving productivity by optimizing parallel workloads for build and test
• drive the vision for a shift left strategy and thereby helping teams improve the overall product quality
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 3+ years of experience in the job offered or as a Software Engineer in Test, Software Developer in Test, or a related occupation.
• 2+ years' experience with test automation and/or quality on at least one product that shipped to customers
• 1+ years' experience with building test frameworks/harness or enhancing existing frameworks
• 1+ years' experience with source code mgmt systems/tools, CI/CD
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Additional Locations Include: San Francisco, CA; Cupertino, CA.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top