Are you interested in shaping the future of what people watch on television? Amazon Fire TV Edition team is looking for experienced, results-oriented Software Dev Engineer in TEST who are capable of translating high-level, ambiguous business goals into working software solutions. We own the voice experience on all of our streaming media players, and are constantly experimenting and innovating to improve the customer experience. Successful candidates are creative engineers who take great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work and are passionate about great software and ultimately a great customer experience.
You will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of technologies from front-end UI (both web and device) to back-end distributed web services to device software. You will own the quality of major deliverables end-to-end, working closely with multiple engineers and teams to execute them. Scaling, latency, and customer experience are top priorities as the business grows. This is a high visibility team where you will make a direct positive impact on customer experience and the business. If you enjoy broadening your technical skills, building a new product, and working in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and innovation, then this is the job for you!
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant industry experience
• 2+ years of experience as a developer, SDET or similar QA role
• Experience writing test plans, test automation, and test cases
• Expertise in a modern programming language such as Java (preferred), Objective C or C++
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience validating consumer user interfaces
• Experience working as embedded QA exercising AGILE methodologies
• Strong analytical thinker who knows how to pick the right tool for the right job
• Experience taking a lead role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered
• Knowledge of professional software engineering test practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Strong communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.