Software Development Engineer in Test
- Glendale, AZ
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. As a Software Development Engineer in Test in this team, you will be working with a unique and gifted team building exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics.
• Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation.
• Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
• Integrate with Build infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
• Establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
• 4+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
• Experience developing automation in at least one of OO languages - Java, C#/C++, Python
• Experienced in mobile (iOS and Android) and web test automation
• Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
• Experience with testing methodologies (Unit, Scrum)
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
• Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience with API automation testing including unit test automation frameworks
• Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing
• Experience working in a UNIX/ environment and utilizing virtual machines
• Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
• Experience with open source tools and resource
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top