Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
The Fire TV team is looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Engineer in Test who has experience testing consumer products such as set-top boxes, tablet computers, etc. built on the Android operating system. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact and work on cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. In this role, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products.
You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced dynamic team environment. As a Software Development Test Engineer, you will develop, execute and maintain software to test the product. You are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities that enable them to significantly improve product quality. You should have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance, solid understanding of the operating system software, as well as knowledge of object oriented design principles.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
• 5+ years of experience as a developer, SDET or QA Automation Engineer.
• Proficient in Python or Java development.
• Knowledge on the Android operating system
• Ability to programmatically test the product, measure test coverage, develop the best automation, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas
• Experience writing code to test the Linux operating system
• Experience with open source test tools
• Experience with Android Performance.
• Good Analytical skills.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
• Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects
• Set top box OR consumer device industry experience preferred.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
• Debugging/troubleshooting experience on performance and memory.
• In-depth understanding of power management, scheduler, memory management, inter-process communication, and driver model
• Familiar with the Eclipse IDE and Subversion
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.