Software Development Engineer in Test
- Ageoshimo, Japan
Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
Role: As a Software Development Engineer in Test on this team, you will be leading test automation and infrastructure development, test new design and architectural choices which have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers. You will be working directly with Developers, QA Engineers and Product Managers to ensure quality development and quality of our applications and platforms. We are working with exciting new technologies and solving complex automation problems across different operating systems. If you are creative, customer focused, have a passion for QA and test automation and enjoy working in a fast paced environment, this team is right for you.
In this role, you will:
• Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation.
• Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
• Integrate with Build infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
• Establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years professional experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) with strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
• Experience developing automation in at least one of OO languages - Java, C#/C++, Python or web based technologies
• Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
• Experienced in Linux and backend API testing automation
• Experience in testing software development tool kits or API's
• Experience working with third parties and software development customers
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly leading leading toward a path of practical solutions
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
• Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top