Software Development Engineer in Test- Audio
- Salt Lake City, UT
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Development Engineer in /, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, , and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within a collaborative peer environment. You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced, dynamic team environment. As a Development Engineer, you will use your passion in coding to stress prototypes and suggest improvements to deliver superior products.
You should have a combination of solid understanding of the operating , as well as knowledge of object-oriented principles. The you build should expose API defects in production-level code as well as expose defects at the component and feature- level. In this role, you will:
• Define strategy, suites, cases as well as for QA testing with a focus on automation
• Write sophisticated SW for Signal// processing (/Matlab)Scripting/programming in and Matlab experience is required
• Define plans and guidance for junior level QA technicians
• Define and implement improvements to our existing processes and automated with the goal of increased testing scope and efficiency.
• Collaborate across teams within SQA and development team to enhance total product quality
• Document the performance of the devices in the different controlled conditions.
• have experience in domain implementing filters and interfacing with external devices
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical field, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of code development and design
• 5+ years developing scripts in python
• 5+ years of experience in C/ development
• 5+ years of experience working in Linux environment
• Experience working on platforms (including and BT) and platforms
• Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects
• Familiarity with product development lifecycles and highly methodical discipline, applicable to all product development cycles
• Demonstrated experience with standard QA and development , and the ability to operate within short release cycles
• Ability to understand functional and technical specifications and analyze data and output logs.
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings•
• Experience implementing filters and interfacing with external devices•
• Experience simulating/modeling acoustics•
• Understanding of quality testing.• Experience working with consumer products involving multimedia content
• • Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical, and problem solving skill
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top