Amazon Photos helps consumers preserve and re-live their memories. The service comes with unlimited photo storage for Prime members and apps available on iOS, Android, Web, Desktop, Fire Tablet & Fire TV. The service is also integrated into Alexa devices such as Echo Show and Echo Spot. Amazon Photos is the latest digital offering to consumers released on the heels of the Amazon Music and Amazon Video offerings. We have ambitious goals to scale growth and adoption of the service around the world and delight our customers with a phenomenal product.
What you will do: You'll be instrumental in making test automation core to every product and feature in Amazon Photos. Over the next year, our team will shift from a heavy reliance on manual testing to being "automation first" and you'll help us get there. You'll build and maintain automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform (mobile, web, Alexa) product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product. You will contribute towards the automation frameworks that work across a wide range of Amazon devices. You'll collaborate with Developers, Quality assurance (QA) engineers, QA managers, Product managers and Technical program managers and earn their trust with a dedication to team work, delivery, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners). You will bring to the team the technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals and practical experience building scalable software test infrastructure consisting of test automation, functional and non-functional test requirements. You'll deliver high quality technology solutions in an agile environment by following/establishing processes and toolset to maintain automation tools/scripts.
Why you want to be on the Photos team: We're hardworking technology professionals, photographers and photo enthusiasts who are genuinely passionate about how we can make preserving and re-living digital photographs a simple joy. We're a close-knit team of friendly, collaborative people who love working together and having fun together. We're super smart and love learning. And did I mention that we also love our dogs?
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development testing experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience building test automation frameworks and tools
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 2+ years of experience as an SDET, developer, or strong Automation Engineer
• Exposure to mobile automation testing
• Demonstrate experience creating automation frameworks and tools to support test automation
• Experience with fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
• Experience with Agile testing methodologies and best practices
• Demonstrate the capability to partner with team members and guide them regarding automation technology and best practices
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
• Experience in one modern programming language such as Java, Kotlin and/or Swift
• Coding experience with automation framework such as Espresso, tools and services on Android devices
• Experience of working in software development lifecycle and manual testing
• Experience in identifying and articulating the automation test KPI or metrics
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .