Software Development Engineer in Test (Amazon Game Studios)
- Santa Monica, CA
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We've got a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with all the unique strengths of being part of Amazon. Across all our teams and locations, we're united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games-and we're looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you'll have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. Our team also puts a high value on work-live balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting new members with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
Amazon Game is looking for a full time Software Development Engineer in Test, with expertise in building tools/automation that spans multiple areas of technology. The ideal candidate is motivated to take on challenges with a passion for gaming, enjoys working with artists and game designers, enjoys finishing projects, and obsesses about the quality of the game constantly. You will have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment and innovate, to improve existing processes and invent new ones, and not be limited by "that's not how we do things here." You will have an opportunity to work on game experiences that push the boundaries of technology. You will have a tangible impact on our games, our business and - most importantly - our customers. And you will have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages.
• Support test frameworks and toolsets that impacts studio development, quality, deployment, and operations productivity.
• Support automation strategies that guides development teams to maximize testability of games and efficiency of test of test efforts in relation to tools.
• Support the architecture and technology choices of other engineers.
• Be customer obsessed: Insist on the highest standards and help create functional and engaging features that delight customers.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• 5+ years in a Software Development Engineer in Test role or relevant experience.
• 5+ years of experience creating automation frameworks created for testing different technologies (Services, Websites, Mobile, Desktop, Consoles, Games, etc).
• 5+ years experience programming in Python, C#, or C++.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or 5+ years of equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
• Knowledge of test methodology and tools, software testing standards, methods and conventions, build systems, and the product development cycle.
• Experience in devising and executing test solutions for game services and technical features, especially with regards to load, performance, reliability, scalability, and security.
• Game development experience demonstrable across 1-2 product lifecycles.
• Experience working on large scale, commercial online game services.
• Experience with large scale services, distributed systems, cloud computing, and databases.
• Experience working in an Kanban, Agile, and/or Test Driven Development environment.
• Able to work in a diverse team.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top