Interested in Alexa Fitness development?
Want your work in front of millions of customers? Enjoy working on cutting-edge, massively scalable services technology in a fast-paced team environment? Do you love working on industry defining projects that move the needle?
The Amazon Alexa team is seeking talented Software Development Engineer in Test to help us build scalable, robust, rock-solid automation framework for the next generation of mobile and living room entertainment. This is not your typical job. If you are looking for your next challenge and want to make history - as well as have your work seen by millions of people - we want to talk to you.
What you will do?
Our ideal Software Development Engineer in Test candidate will exhibit a passion for building top-notch test framework. You will instill the automation test culture among engineers and product team, solve ambiguous quality problems and build automation program that will support the large scale devices/services testing. You will also build the test tools that provides the ability for development engineers or quality engineers to deliver results quickly and iteratively. You will be working directly with the partners such as quality engineers, development engineers and the leadership to understand the requirements, and provide appropriate solution.
Specifically, you will:
- Propose, design, and implement new or existing automation framework solutions for services that will be utilized by millions of clients across numerous countries.
- Participate and contribute to the planning process for new features and projects
- Work with a team of world-class engineers and product managers to understand and refine the scope of incoming projects, and to ensure deliverables meet an unreasonably high quality bar.
- Build highly maintainable, easy-to-understand code for the mobile space.
- Mentor the development and quality engineers to on-board into the framework tools, and enable engineers to contribute to automating test scenarios
- Bring return of investment on the automated approach, which scales up iterative testing with minimal manual efforts.
- Work with multiple top-notch engineering teams to understand and respond to their needs
Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, Python, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of building scalable and maintainable automated framework architecture and design solutions (includes API and mobile UI automation)
- 4+ years of professional Software Development in Test experience
- Demonstrated ability to working independently and as part of a team.
- Experience designing and building mobile automation framework using a modern programming language such as Java, Python, C++.
- Experience with automation framework such as Espresso, Appium and services on mobile devices
- Experience working with enterprise systems (large-scale distributed build systems, dependency management, metrics/monitoring, etc.).
- Experience with unit/integration testing, test automation, and continuous delivery.
- Experience participating in (and driving) agile processes and scrum.
- The ability to work quickly toward tight deadlines, and make smart tradeoffs between speed, accuracy, and maintainability.
- The ability to scope design deliverables accurately and prioritize work items appropriately.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.