Software Development Engineer in Test, Alexa App
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We're building the solutions and applications behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We're working hard, having fun, and making history; come join our team!
We're focused on building the next generation of the Alexa Mobile App for Android and iOS mobile devices and are looking for talented SDET's. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience of a cutting edge mobile product used every day, by people you know. We are looking for passionate, hard working SDET's who have experience building innovative, mobile applications that customers love.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for making development teams more efficient and productive. An individual that has the wisdom and know how to create an infrastructure to support a truly world-class product development team. This is an opportunity to build the automated test infrastructure of your dreams.
- Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation.
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
- Integrate with SCM infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
- Establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Python or PERL
- 2+ years experience in a test or development role as part of a product development organization which has delivered consumer oriented products
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
- Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines
- Knowledge of industry standard Mobile test automation tools and experience in developing product test harnesses and instrumenting products to gather test results
- Experience with test driven development and establishing unit test infrastructures
- Experience automating the validating of modern user interfaces and messaging infrastructures
- Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in house developed toolsets
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
- Expert in software quality and testing methodologies
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Experienced in interacting and coordinating test activities amongst multiple teams
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top