Software Development Engineer in Test
- Austin, TX
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will join the team of hands-on, passionate and seasoned Software Development, Quality Assurance professionals developing innovative consumer-centric product solutions.
In this role, you will:
• Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation.
• Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
• Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
• Establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports.
• Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
If you want to tackle some cutting edge problems on awesome devices, this job is for you.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or 5+ years of relevant work experience
• 3+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
• Programming experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Python or PERL
• Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
• Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top