Software Development Engineer in Test
- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. As a Software Development Engineer in Test in this team, you will be working with a unique and gifted team building exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics.
• Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation.
• Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
• Integrate with SCM infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
• Establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of experience as a developer, QA Engineer, or as an SDET
• 7+ years of experience in Java or C development, or white box testing
• 5+ years of experience in C++, Python, Shell, or Java
• 5+ years of experience to programmatically test the product, measure test coverage, develop the best automation, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• A proven track record of seeking out and resolving system performance issues involving memory, disk, and CPU
• Experience working with media streaming frameworks and media formats
• Experience with embedded Linux devices
• Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical cohorts
• Experience building complex, multi-threaded system software that has been successfully delivered
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
• Solid Machine Learning background
• Good written and spoken English communication skills.
Back to top