Are you passionate about innovative technologies like speech and IoT? Amazon Alexa Voice Services (AVS) team is looking for experienced SDET, you can be part of the team that makes Alexa smarter by making Alexa Integration easier. A Software Design Engineer in Test (SDET) at Amazon is a developer with the primary responsibility of writing frameworks and tools to test products. It is a very unique and challenging role and provides immense opportunity to design and develop wide-reaching tools. It combines the "building" aspect of software design engineering with the "breaking" aspect of software test engineering. You'll be writing code that automatically verifies that if anything does go wrong, you're code will tell us. That means that you potentially write more code than the developers.
Design and build the automated test frameworks and test suites for use in development and testing cycles
Utilize innovative test technologies to develop a product's testing strategy
Participating in design and code inspections.
Perform functional testing, the scope of which will encompass all functionality of services to as a prequel to automation
Come and see for yourself why we are one of the most admired company in the US, rated #1 in Innovation and # 1 in Customer Service, and be part of our tradition of working hard, having fun and making history!
• BS degree in Computer Science from a reputed institution
• 2 years of core development experience as a Software Engineer
• Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and data structures
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrable experience in writing clean code quickly
• Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes
• Experience in writing testing frameworks and automation tools is preferable
• Background in test automation using Java and applicable languages.
• Working knowledge of common automation frameworks.
• Excellent written and spoken communication
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.
• Engineering process expertise, with a full understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles.
• Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules.
• Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem solving skills.
• Experience in testing secure, multi-platform applications
• Two years experience in device Automation
• Ability to quickly learn and apply complex technical information to mobile testing situations.
• Adaptability and attention to finalizing testing details and duties amidst aggressive time challenges.
• Takes full ownership of end-user quality, usability and appeal.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.