Software Development Engineer in Test
- Bellevue, WA
Alexa is one of Amazon's most innovative services to date, and has changed the way customers use their voice to interact with technology and the world around them. During the last two years, Alexa has released multiple On-The-Go(OTG) devices which aim to bring the super-helpful assistant from their home to their headphones, cars and wearables and launched Echo Auto and Echo Buds.
What will you help us create?
Alexa-on-the-go team is responsible for building experiences, that would make it easy for customers to access Alexa, when they are on the move.
This is a high visibility program, with far reaching impact across all products using the SDK, and is also a new QA team. We would be leveraging a common automation infrastructure and implementing the correct integration hooks and testcases to ensure we're raising the bar on quality across our products. We need to adhere to strict guidelines for quality, customer experience, performance, and latency. All of these constraints provide unique challenges to the team. As a lead SDET in the team you would have opportunity to build upon a new framework and help QA build consistent and reliable automation suite for OTG experiences. We are looking for a self-motivated and highly technical SDET to join our team to help us achieve the mission of consistent and reliable automation coverage across multiple products and ship high quality feature simultaneously across first party and third party platforms.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test on this team, you will be leading test automation and infrastructure development, test new design and architectural choices which have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers. You will be working directly with Developers, QA Engineers and Product Managers to ensure quality development and quality of our applications and platforms. We are working with exciting new technologies and solving complex automation problems across different operating systems. If you are creative, customer focused, have a passion for QA and test automation and enjoy working in a fast paced environment, this team is right for you.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years professional experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) with strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
• Experience developing automation in at least one of OO languages - Java, C#/C++, Python or web based technologies
• Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
• Experienced in mobile (iOS and Android) and backend API testing automationactices
• Experience in testing software development tool kits or API's
• Experience working with third parties and software development customers
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly leading leading toward a path of practical solutions
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
* Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
* Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
* Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologiess
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top