Software Development Engineer in Test
- Dallas, TX
At the Amazon Development Center in Dresden, Germany, we build the foundation of the Amazon EC2 virtualization platforms. Our teams are responsible for the development and maintenance of the Amazon Hypervisors and Linux Kernels that make the engine of the EC2 compute servers. The Dresden based teams also own the development and support of the Linux operating system kernel running on almost every Amazon Server worldwide.
What is Amazon EC2? https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/
Being part of Amazon means constantly driving innovation and working on complex technical challenges every day.
Check out this video to see what the office looks like and how beautiful the Dresden area is: https://youtu.be/NyJQL6keFBA
If you are passionate about developing software, and you want to build solutions to challenging problems that directly reach millions of people, there may be no better place than Amazon for you to impact the world!
We provide the foundation for Amazon's Web Services and cloud servers. To deliver the highest quality to our customers, we have large-scale test automation in place. If you envision yourself touching Amazon's infrastructure all around the world, then join us as Software Development Engineer in Test. You will build, maintain, and monitor the automated testing infrastructure required to support kernel and hypervisor development for AWS.
• B.Sc. in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
• Experience developing CI and testing automation systems.
• Programming skills in Python
• Background in Linux systems
• Knowing German language is not required for this position.
• M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related discipline
• 3plus years of work experience
• Programming skills in Bash, C, C++.
• Experience working on the Linux Kernel.
• Strong desire to build, a sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Experience in virtualization (Xen, KVM) technologies.
Back to top