Software Development Engineer in Test
- Cupertino, CA
The Team: Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go.
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk out Technology. It automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you're done shopping, you just leave the store. Shortly after, we'll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our technology uses computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA. We need people who want to join a high-reaching program that continues to collaborate and push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
We are seeking an SDET who will work collaboratively with hardware and firmware engineers to develop effective and efficient manufacturing test systems that ensure our products meeting our quality standards. If you enjoy understanding all the inner workings of a hardware product so you can anticipate what can go wrong with it and create innovative ways to test it, this is the position for you.
• Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation.
• Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
• Integrate with Build infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
• Establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports.
• Defining automation plan to support international device software launches.
• Lead automation efforts, and explore new test automation tools and methods.
• Working directly with Developers, QA Engineers, Hardware Engineers, and Technical Program Managers to ensure quality of our products and platforms.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
• 2+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer or SDET
• Experience developing automation in at least one of OO languages - Java, C#/C++, Python
• Experienced in embedded software development and web test automation
• Experience with networking protocols and TCP/IP programming
• Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
• Experience with wired and wireless networking technologies including Ethernet, WiFi and wireless sensor networks
• Experience in Linux kernel internals and device driver development
• Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes
• Experience working with third parties software developers and ODM vendors
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top