Software Development Engineer in Test
Come help us build the next generation of Amazon Membership and Subscription Services. The Subscriptions Platform team is seeking an amazing SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) to help architect, design, build, and test improvements to mission critical systems that power customer subscriptions at Amazon. The Subscriptions Platform handles the complexities of managing all digital subscriptions across Amazon, including Amazon Prime, Kindle Unlimited, Audible, music, and video, using the latest in high-availability services and distributed systems. Subscriptions is aiming to drive new customer experiences and solve new complex technical challenges while continuing to successfully serve millions of existing customers.
As a QA champion on the engineering team, you will get the opportunity to own major deliverables at all phases of the development cycle: scoping, design, coding and testing using an agile process. You'll write and implement test plans that root out bugs and design flaws in our systems so that we can resolve them before they make it to production. You'll build frameworks that allow the team to write reliable, targeted, and extensible tests to support a fast-growing feature set in our Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). You'll have an opportunity to work with other teams throughout Amazon to flesh out cross-team requirements and designs. You'll also put your experience, expertise, and creativity to work in determining/recommending the best designs based on business objective, timeline, and resource constraints.
To be successful in this position you will have a strong background in algorithms, data structures, Java, and databases both SQL and NoSQL. The ability to communicate clearly and concisely (both written and orally) and work well in a team are key competencies. You should be able to quickly adapt to new development environments, learn new systems, create reliable and maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems. Experience working with high-traffic, scalable services is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Experience building and designing test cases
- Experience with testing methodologies (e.g. Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Load/Performance Testing)
- 2-5 years professional experience in software development
- 2-5 years of industry experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java or C#
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience with testing frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, Jenkins, and JMeter
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Well-versed in professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top