Software Development Engineer in Test
- Seattle, WA
Do you enjoy solving complex problems and driving influential changes? Are you curious about the systems used to run the largest cloud computing infrastructures in the world? Do you thrive in a fast paced and ever-changing environment? If you answered YES to these questions, then our team is looking for you! The AWS Hardware Engineering team drives system innovation in the servers used by all of Amazon Web Services, including EC2, S3, EBS and CloudFront. Our engineers solve the hardest problems that fuse software, hardware, and the cloud. We take big bets on new concepts, enabling AWS services to continue to revolutionize the industry. Optimizing quality, performance, reliability and cost is a massive challenge, and we love it!
What you will do: You will own next-generation CPU and Memory components used in servers across AWS. You will interact with internal and external interdisciplinary teams of engineers to design, develop, validate, launch, monitor and troubleshoot at large scale. You'll provide leadership in the application of new technologies to servers in a continuous effort to deliver and improve a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position. You will work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You have high standards for yourself and everyone you work with. You will be constantly looking for ways to improve security, performance, quality, and cost. At AWS we are changing an industry and want individuals who are ready for a challenge to reach beyond what is possible today.
Why it matters: Public cloud IT services represent the majority of growth in the overall IT services market and will continue to do so for several years to come. The scale of AWS creates a unique opportunity for differentiated hardware that will directly benefit customers.
Why you will love it: You will build next-generation hardware that powers the cloud. You will deliver improvements for our customers and have a direct impact on our bottom line. You will be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. You will have ownership for the implementation of your work.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years overall software engineering and/or test automation experience
• 5+ years of real world experience implementing and reviewing code in python or similar language
• 3+ years of experience testing computer software/hardware/firmware and troubleshooting hardware
• 3+ years of systems engineering experience, including Linux performance, memory management, I/O tuning, configuration, security, networking, drivers, and troubleshooting.
• Experience with CPU architectures and DDR Memory technologies
• Experience using AWS cloud based solutions and services
• Comfortable working in a collaborative team setting
• Must be willing to participate in on-call rotation
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top