Software Development Engineer in Test
- Tokyo, Japan
Amazon Sidewalk is a new long-term effort to greatly extend the working range of low-bandwidth, low-power, smart lights, sensors, and other low-cost devices customers install at the edge of their home network. We believe customers shouldn't have to settle for connected devices that lose functionality past the front door. With Amazon Sidewalk, customers will be able to place smart devices anywhere on their property and know the devices will work, even in dead spots where Wi-Fi and Bluetooth don't reach, helping bridge the connectivity gaps around our homes!
Amazon Sidewalk is looking for a passionate, hard-working and talented Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test who has experience building innovative, mission critical software features. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and development of consumer products. In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for the development and maintenance of testing framework for key features on devices
• Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility
• Research and implement novel ML and statistical approaches for Amazon device test automation
• Assist architectural and design review of new and current systems
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
Base location: Taipei or Hsinchu
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field
• Solid knowledge of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and systems architecture.
• 8+ years professional experience building embedded systems across the full software lifecycle including design, implementation, testing, operations, and maintenance.
• Experience in one or more modern programming languages such as Java, C/C++, or Python.
• Good written and spoken English communication skills
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
• A proven track record of seeking out and resolving system performance issues involving memory and power consumption
• Experience working with network communication protocols
• Experience with embedded Linux devices
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
Back to top