IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content. The IMDb consumer site (www.imdb.com) is the #1 movie website in the world with a combined web and mobile audience of more than 250 million unique monthly visitors. At IMDb, you'll be joining a team of seasoned leaders who value execution and decision making at the speed of startups, but with the backing and resources of Amazon.
You will be given an opportunity to own and deliver initiatives through the entire software stack from back-end data architecture, application services, APIs, and integration with client applications..
You love challenging problems, collaborating with stakeholder teams, defining roadmaps, design creative technical solutions, delivering features our customers love, and mentoring more junior engineers.
Impact: As a software development engineer, you will own one or more key initiatives in IMDb Consumer User Data and have the freedom to drive the architecture and development of complex User Data products collaborating across IMDb consumer, app, Content, and IMDb Pro teams. You have a passion for entertainment/media and are familiar with IMDb user features such as Ratings, Reviews, Lists, Polls ad Identity. You will also be working with hot new services and improvements to customer personalization, recommendations, and messaging at IMDb.
We have high technical standards and support you to lead the team to reach for new engineering excellence leveraging internal Amazon technologies as well as AWS services like EC2 and Lambda as well as other technologies such as GraphQL. You will set the standard for engineering, testing, and operational excellence, drive best practices across organization.
IMDb employees enjoy the benefits of working for Amazon with the autonomy of working on a small, nimble team.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Math or Physics or related engineering field
• Metrics, analysis, and software profiling
• Strong object-oriented design skills with understanding of common design paradigms
• Solid UNIX or Linux experience
• Good understanding of distributed systems
• Experience writing unit and system level tests using dependency injection frameworks and object mocking
• Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
• Ability to collaborate with multiple external dependent teams to design complex solutions
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Attention to details coupled with ability to think abstractly
• Experience innovating software solutions with new technology
• Prior leadership experience, mentoring and guiding junior team members through design review and code review
• Experience in security/identity
• Experience in databases/data design
• Delivered a highly scalable low-latency, service operating in a 24x7 environment