Software Development Engineer III - Promise
Have you ever wondered how Amazon is able to accurately promise when your items will be delivered to you? Wondered how, based on various carrier capabilities and availability of items in some of its many warehouses, it is able to provide an exact delivery date for you within fraction of a second? If so, the Delivery Promise team is for you. The team is at the core of Amazon's supply-chain systems and owns set of services which provides millions of promises per hour for the Amazon fulfillment network. We are part of the Supply Chain & Optimization Technologies(SCOT) organization and are looking for experienced software engineers to design and develop highly available and scalable software solutions.
Our system computes accurate delivery expectations for every customer order fulfilled by Amazon. You will build back-end systems that impact core front-end customer facing experience on many of Amazon's main web-pages and are central to the order and fulfillment pipelines.
Watch this short video for more on SCOT: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
We're looking for the world's finest engineers to innovate and expand these extremely scalable and distributed systems. You will be applying core software engineering skills daily – such as coding in Java or C++, OO and systems design, scripting, and problem solving – while utilizing advanced algorithmic and analytical skills. You will also be heavily involved in a multitude of diverse technologies and software engineering models, including but not limited to databases, pull and push systems, request and event driven services, webservers, and many other technologies that are used in a Service Oriented Architecture.
This opportunity is perfect for highly motivated and talented software engineers who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving key aspects of the customer experience on Amazon.com.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- 4+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top