Software Development Engineer III, in Test
- Palo Alto, CA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can requisition compute power, storage, and other services paying as you go for only the resources you need. Amazon Redshift is rapidly growing, fast and powerful, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service in the cloud. It enables customers to dramatically increase their query performance when analyzing virtually any size data set using the same SQL-based business intelligence tools they use today. Amazon Redshift manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a data warehouse, from provisioning capacity and installing software to monitoring and backing up the cluster, to applying patches and upgrades. By automating these labor-intensive tasks, Amazon Redshift enables customers to spend their time focusing on their data and business insights, rather than on procuring and managing infrastructure.
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
• Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
• Build a quality product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
• Work for a company that's a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
• Be involved in the fast growing, big data space
We are looking for candidates with expertise and passion for building high quality, large scale distributed database systems in the cloud. In this role, you will have responsibility for:
• Designing, developing and executing large scale functional, stress and performance tests
• Execution and maintenance of existing test frameworks
• Developing and deploying new test frameworks and monitoring systems
• Reviewing new database technical requirements and assist in the development of a quality strategy for the new features
• Gaining deep understanding of the AWS products and drive their quality
• Working with other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
• Drive quality initiatives and point out areas that require attention.
• Be able to define success criteria broadly and deeply within the system.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 8+ years experience testing large scale systems and/or databases
• Good working knowledge of SQL and UNIX
• Expert knowledge of one of the following programming languages: Java or Python
• Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
• Experience designing and leading a team in building low-maintenance automation frameworks.
• Experienced debugging, diagnosing, and troubleshooting complex, production software issues
• Ability to run tests at large scale and filter out relevant information in large result sets.
• Ability to lead projects and drive them to completion
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
• Possess excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills
• Advanced SQL or database internals experience
• Understanding of overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance in a database environment
• Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems
• Experience with large-scale data analytics and data warehousing
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top