Are you passionate about technology and solving hard problems? Do you want to grow your skills as you help us grow and scale the world's largest and leading cloud computing service? Do you want to make history and have fun doing it? If so, Amazon Web Services Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) is looking for people just like you! EC2 is at the core of AWS services and we are growing every day to meet the demands of our business as we continue to scale.
We at EC2 Fleet Health and Server Management family are responsible for writing software for delivering the best possible instance lifecycle experience considering optimum hardware and software configurations, managing our ever-growing multi-billion-dollar in-fleet hardware for most optimum utilization, and expanding AWS footprint in many new regions every quarter.
We are looking for top engineers to join a talented, innovative team to help us manage how we maintain and grow one of the largest server fleets in the world. As a member of the EC2 team, your responsibilities would include:
• Designing and developing cutting edge highly reliable and salable distributed system
• Delivering quality features on-time and on-budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
• Working with team members to manage the day-to-day development activities, participate in designs, design review, code review, and implementation
• Engaging and working with customers and dependencies to ensure the quality delivery
• Mentoring other engineers
• Maintaining current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with the team in bringing in new technologies
Candidate must be able to work with a minimum of technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Minimum of 10 years software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Well qualified candidates will have:
Experience in delivering large-scale distributed systems.
• Experience with Agile, OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware and databases
• Demonstrated ability to deliver software using at least one of the following OO languages: Java, C++, C#, Ruby, preferably on a Linux/Unix platform
• Prior experience with AWS technologies
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
• Knowledge of supply chain and operations concepts and experience with complex systems, modeling, and simulation (Linear and non-linear methods, convex optimization etc.)
• Understanding of Multi-threaded programming and distributed systems
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and/or distributed systems
• Experience with Linux
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities
• Proven track record of multiple deliveries at scale
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.