Software Development Engineer III
- Sunnyvale, CA
Do you want to be a part of building the systems and software that power Earth's largest e-commerce catalog? How do you design and handle massive scale of data when you know that none of the "textbook solutions" will work?
Amazon is a fast paced innovative company that is developing software that no one has attempted before. If you are a software developer who is passionate about writing code and loves to build distributed systems that are transactional, scalable, high throughput, fault tolerant and always available, then get in touch with us.
The Item Master team is responsible for a variety of services that form a core part of the Amazon E-Commerce platform. We are primarily responsible for developing the services that process all of the Item information from millions of merchants who want to sell through the Amazon family of websites. Our software also is responsible for processing the catalog information for various other Enterprise merchants whose websites run on the Amazon software platform. Our expertise lies in managing billions of products in the catalog and developing large scale distributed systems that process hundreds of millions of changes to the catalog every day in real time. The team offers a unique blend of hard computer science problems and an opportunity to help the businesses model their new ideas..
Successful candidates are passionate about translating high-level, ambiguous business goals to software platforms that enable multiple businesses. You are comfortable taking initiative and working along side top-notch software developers.
Item Master is re-architecting, transitioning from a monolithic service to a truly multi-tenant distributed platform. We're innovating on everything for platform technologies like locking and workflows to customer facing features. If you enjoy working with really smart SDEs and Principals, let's talk soon!This is a dream opportunity for engineers who want to create reliable and scalable solutions that enable Amazon to create the largest and best possible selection for our customers. Come and help make history as we take e-Commerce to the 5 billion people on earth who do not have it today while having fun and learning a lot on the way!
• Strong computer science background. A Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or math is required.
• Solid design and coding skills in Java or C++.
• Strong desire to build high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
• Great communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
• Be highly innovative, flexible and self-directed.
• Code, design, and implementation sets a great example to others; high degree of ownership of outcomes.
• Actively helps others on team to improve, thinks beyond self and leads by example, mentors others.
• Demonstrated competency in component architecture and simplification
• Demonstrated competency in data structures
• Demonstrated competency in code refactoring
• Planning, estimation of development tasks
• Prior experience architecting, developing and operating large scale distributed systems is a plus.
• High-volume transaction processing
• Retail/e-commerce design experience in a global context
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top