AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
AWS Organizations is an administrative product that enables customers to organize and control multiple AWS accounts centrally. With Organizations, customers can hierarchically organize and manage their AWS accounts, and then set controls to meet the budgetary, security, and compliance needs of their business. Check out more information about AWS Organizations here: https://aws.amazon.com/organizations/ .
We're looking for software developers to solve real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end-to-end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world. At Amazon an SDE can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming. Joining AWS Organizations offers you the opportunity to work on a small, diverse and vibrant development team building secure, reliable, and scalable features that AWS customers are clamoring for.
You will have the opportunity to drive mission critical projects, work with senior and principal engineers and mentor junior level developers. You will get in on the ground floor of building Organizations software systems that are core to the operation of AWS!
- Collaborate with teams of smart engineers in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful internet-scale systems and services.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Understand system interdependencies and limitations.
- Share your knowledge of the most effective performance, scalability, architecture, and engineering patterns and methods.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 3+ year relevant experience.
- Proven skill of developing highly scalable front end systems
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Understanding of algorithmic design and complexity analysis.
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Experience designing and building highly scalable systems
- Strong analytical abilities and design skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.