The Amazon Business team is seeking Senior Software Development Engineers who want to disrupt the way businesses purchase online.
Our team is focused on building solutions to enable large enterprise B2B customers to research, discover and buy business, industrial and scientific products in large catalogs; across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions. Our customers include individual professionals, businesses and institutions that buy in either high frequency or in bulk quantities. Our customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon customer base.
You will be part of a team that is responsible for all aspects of the customer experience - from the visual interface to the back end services. You will be working with new technologies that improve usability and increase performance and scalability. You will help redefine normal for this segment of the market. You will help translate business requirements to technical deliverables and deliver operationally stable solution that provide good customer experience.
Candidates need to have strong ownership, passion to provide great customer experience and excellent troubleshooting skills. Experience with building web-based applications and/or web services-based applications is desired.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 8+ years of relevant industry experience.
• Hands-on development background in Java or other Object Oriented language on a Unix/Linux platform.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring software engineers to improve their skills, and making them more effective, productive contributors
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
• You must be obsessed with addressing customer needs
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $168,100-$227,400 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.