Software Development Engineer III
- Boston, MA
Sr. Software Developer - Amazon Web Services - Help us reinvent the Cloud!
Amazon Elastic File System (EFS) is built in Boston, MA. It's a fully managed service that makes it easy to set up and scale shared file storage in the AWS Cloud. Amazon EFS is designed for a wide variety of use cases: data analytics, video rendering, genomics analysis, web serving, content management, and home directories, to name a few. https://aws.amazon.com/efs/
As a Senior Software Engineer in this office, you will design and build a service that allows customers to create cloud storage solutions that are secure, reliable, completely elastic, and can grow to petabyte-scale. Delivering a reliable and high-performance service at AWS scale requires engineers with extraordinary technical expertise and boundless creativity. At Amazon, engineers have the opportunity to interact with customers, to understand our business goals, and to innovate rapidly, delivering high-quality and ground-breaking functionality.
We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
Prior to WFH due to COVID-19, our entire team was co-located in our beautiful Boston office by the harbor. We're flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 4pm. About half of us prefer to start working early in the day and the other half prefer to start working later in the day.
This position involves periodic on-call responsibilities. We don't like getting paged, so we build our systems fault tolerant and root cause problems so we're not paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We are dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
Yes, we care about results, but we care about your career growth too! We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience in Rust programming language
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top