The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Private Pricing Platform team provides our sellers and partners with a deal management and analysis platform that enables and accelerates private pricing deals with our most important customers and partners. We are looking for a senior engineer to lead the design and development of the next iteration of our platform - building a complete contract lifecycle management system. Come join a team at the beginning of a product life cycle and help define the way AWS does business with it's key customers.
You'll be responsible for working across business and technical teams to understand the problem space and design an architecture that is flexible enough to grow quickly while supporting a variety of business process. You'll build front and back end systems iteratively on native AWS technologies, working with a large team of talented engineers. You'll define and influence the team's technical culture as you own and maintain the software you build.
In this role, you will
• Lead architecture and design: You'll create designs and get feedback on them. You'll review your team's designs and provide feedback. You'll provide a big picture vision of where the team is going technically and guide the team to take the right steps to get there.
• Influence technical and business strategy: You'll participate in cross-functional product development sessions and in yearly and quarterly planning cycles. You'll work with product managers to define a technically sound product that meets the business needs for today and a year from now.
• Mentor junior team members and drive engineering best practices: You'll mentor in 1:1 and large group settings. You'll participate in programs that improve the overall engineering health of the organization. If you see something that can be improved, you'll be empowered to change it with support and guidance from your leaders.
• Ensure the team ships well-tested software that is easy to maintain and extend over the long term: You'll help the team see around corners and build for the future. You'll help set and maintain the team's standards for operational health, testing and security.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related technical discipline.
• 5+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer or a Software Developer
• 4+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java or Python
• 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience writing software in an object-oriented language
• Experience with data structures, algorithms, problem solving, complexity analysis, distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience in software design that includes object oriented design, API design, NoSQL programming.
• Experience mentoring or training others in all aspects of software development
• Experience building and operating critical, highly available (24x7) systems
• Expertise in data modeling and analysis, especially with real time data sources
• Experience with machine learning, big data or large scale distributed systems
• Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principle requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.